Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Further Epistolary

Dear Santa
Give me peace on earth or a shot glass
A hand to hold or a cigarette
At least stop this smoking ban

Last Christmas I knew
What I wanted

This year it is viciously inflicted

To be visible beyond
The edible latte girl
And less seen on stage

A way to alleviate

Proposition to
The dance floor
Sparkly pink leg warmers

I accept re-gifts

Or I could look at the betters of last year

An affectionate walk on the Cornish
A Surkis romp with a blue eyed Viking
A bite of crumble rhubarb crisp
My elder say he loved me for the last time

Next year better be
You and I
Jolly man
A night out

And our walk home
Will have lavender, emerald and yellow
Blast ribbons descending from winter sky
Gradually casing us from head to foot

Laura Smith

2 comments:

Leigh Culbertson said...

I like this very much so.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Take the shot glass.

-russ